Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nesting and Emotions

I think I am "officially" nesting. I had to ask my husband 100 times the other day if he vaccuumed the house....I can't handle it if there is a crumb on the floor and I have made sure everything is in perfect working order before Carter arrives. We had our first real check-up on Tuesday. His head in down and that's about it. My cervix hasn't done anything, so I'm still waiting to see a change....maybe next week. I think Carter has dropped though because I have a funny waddle, pain in my pelvis and my tummy definitely looks lower on my body. I think that's a good sign! I've also been very emotional lately. I'll be driving in my car, a song will come on and I will start thinking about memories from the past and people who are no longer around and I just start crying. Really? Today was the worst on my way to work. I was thinking about Carter being born and how I wish there were people in my life that were around to see this amazing miracle. I thought about my Grandparents and my Aunt Mary. It's amazing to me that life ultimately makes you think about death. I've been pretty lucky in this lifetime that the majority of those I hold dear to my heart are still a part of my life. Yet, the ones I have lost seem to weigh deeply on me right now and it's very emotional for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment