Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Carter has arrived!!

Carter entered the world at 11:45am weighing 6lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches.....
We welcomed baby Carter in the world on December 22, 2008 at 11:45am in the morning. It was quite the eventful experience and it wouldn't have been as enjoyable or humorous as it was with my parents, Andy's parents, Andy, my sister and her husband, Michael, and Victoria!
Of course Carter had to arrive on the worst snow day so far this year....I started having contractions on the way home from the airport after we picked up Andy's parents, but they pretty much stopped after we got out of the car, so I just disregarded them. After feeling disappointed, we went to bed.
At 1:30am that morning, I woke up with horrible pain. We stayed in bed for an hour and counted my contractions and Andy wanted me to call the hospital. They told us to stay home and that I still had a ways to go. I got up showered, took a bath and laid back down. By this point the contractions were even closer but the pain wasn't unbearable yet. Andy called the hospital again and again, they said to stay home. We decided to head to the hospital anyway. By this time it was 5am and we arrived at the hospital around 6am. They took me back to the triage area and checked me out....and I was already 5cm dilated!
So, they admitted me....by 8:30am I was fully dilated and ready to push. I pushed for three hours...much of which was filled with humor...I was pretty happy from the epidural...and finally...our new bundle of joy was ready to meet the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment